Summer Office Assistant
We have an exciting part-time summer opportunity for an Office Assistant with one of our outstanding clients in Port Perry (Durham region). If you are looking for a summer job with a growing insurance agency, with a people first philosophy, then keep reading!
The Office Assistant ensures the office runs smoothly and that the individual team members are supported at this boutique insurance agency. You will be handling incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties.
During COVID-19, the role will be a virtual, work from home position, but once our client gets the green light to open their office this role will be located downtown Port Perry office. The hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Note Tuesday will be in lieu of a holiday Monday for a long weekend over the summer). The return to the office is anticipated to be early summer.
- Take customer payments by phone and in person
- Organize the office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications from existing customers and insurance coverage inquiries in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
What Impressed Us:
From the moment we met with this client the idea of a “work family” became immediately apparent. They take pride in servicing their clients to a very high level and building relationships with them which fosters the team environment that exists within this small insurance agency.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Pay: $17.50/hour
- Fantastic work experience to add to your existing skill set
- An insurance company that puts their client’s needs first and work with clients who respect and value their expertise
What is Needed From You:
- Excellent customer service skills
- High ability to be flexible, adaptable so you can shift priorities
- Superior communication skills (verbal, telephone, & written), organization and time management skills
- Comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Valid drivers license may be required
We would like to thank everyone that applies but only those that are being considered to be a part of our hiring process will be contacted via phone/text or, email.
Please email your resume & cover letter to: [email protected]